The Department of Civil Engineering was established in 2009 and has since become a thriving center of
excellence. With an intake of 60 students and a highly qualified teaching faculty, including 3 Professors
and 12 Assistant Professors from prestigious institutes across India, the department is dedicated to
producing outstanding and well-trained graduates.
The department's focus encompasses a wide range of activities, including testing, planning, design, construction, and management. It offers comprehensive courses for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, specializing in areas such as Structural Engineering, Construction Technology, and Management.
With well-equipped laboratories covering all aspects of civil engineering, the department provides students with hands-on experience and practical skills. Moreover, the department takes pride in its accomplished alumni, who have secured esteemed positions in academia, industry, and government worldwide. Through its commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and industry engagement, the Department of Civil Engineering continues to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of civil engineering and producing skilled professionals to meet the demands of the field.
- Civil engineers play a crucial role in the development of essential infrastructure, ensuring the efficient and safe movement of people, goods, and resources.
- The finished structure handed to the person is an outcome of work by Civil engineers, who are involved in the planning and design stages of projects, utilizing their expertise to create functional and aesthetically pleasing structures while considering factors like safety, sustainability, and environmental impact.
- Civil engineering constantly evolves through research and innovation, exploring new materials, technologies, and methodologies to improve efficiency, sustainability, and resilience in construction practices.
- Civil engineers increasingly prioritize sustainability and environmental considerations in their projects, striving to minimize the impact on ecosystems, reduce carbon footprint, and promote sustainable practices.
- It strengthens problem-solving and critical thinking skills by addressing complex challenges related to structural integrity, environmental impact, and public safety.
Why Study B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
Civil Engineers ensure future growth and development on the globe. Studying civil engineering (CE)
offers numerous benefits and opportunities. The civil engineers play a critical role in designing,
constructing, and maintaining the infrastructure that forms the backbone of our society, including roads,
bridges, buildings, and water supply systems. The ability to positively impact society through innovative
engineering solutions is a significant motivation for many aspiring civil engineers.
Civil engineering is a constantly evolving field, driven by advancements in technology, sustainability, and urbanization aiding individuals to grow and update on the latest tech. Civil engineering also provides a wide range of career prospects. From working in the public sector on large-scale projects to joining private firms or even starting your own consultancy, there are ample opportunities for employment and professional growth. Civil engineering offers the chance to make a positive impact on society. By applying your technical expertise and problem-solving skills, you can help create sustainable and resilient infrastructure, enhance urban planning, and improve public safety and well-being.
Additionally, civil engineering is a multidisciplinary field that allows you to collaborate with professionals from various backgrounds, including architects, environmentalists, and construction workers. This fosters a diverse and dynamic working environment, enabling you to develop both technical and interpersonal skills. In conclusion, studying civil engineering equips you with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities to contribute to society's progress, enjoy a fulfilling career, and make a difference in the world.
Scope and Job Profiles:
- Building Engineer
- Fire Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Design Engineer
- CAD Technician
- Filed Service Engineer
- Nuclear Engineer
- Engineering Project Manager
- Water Resource Engineer
- Planning Engineer
- Public Sector Engineers
- Indian armed Force
1. Candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized
educational board or institution.
2. The candidate should attain a minimum of 45% marks.
3. Candidates should have cleared the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
Admission Process1. Eligibility Criteria: The first step is to check if you meet the eligibility criteria for admission as quoted above.
2. Application Process: After the announcement of the admission process, you will need to apply for the institute. The application form may be available online or offline, where you will have to provide personal details, academic records, and other necessary information.
3. Counseling or Interview: SIRT conducts counseling sessions or interviews to assess the candidates' suitability for the program. These interviews may include questions about your academic background, interests, and goals.
4. Merit List: After the counseling or interview process, SIRT prepares a merit list based on the candidates' performance and records.
5. Seat Allotment: Once the merit list is ready, candidates will be allotted seats in the B.Tech CE program based on their rank, preferences, and availability of seats.
6. Document Verification and Admission: Shortlisted candidates will need to submit their original documents for verification. After the verification process, you will be required to pay the admission fees and complete the formalities to secure your admission.
7. Waiting List: In case some seats remain vacant after the initial round of admissions, a waiting list may be released. If you are on the waiting list, you may be considered for admission if any seats become available.