Now in recent era Entrepreneurship is increasing day by day and also contributes the economic growth of our country. Even Indian Government has recognized the importance of entrepreneurship and has started "Start-up India" program for the growth of entrepreneurship. Various schemes and benefits are launched for the beginners to come with new business ideas.
The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at Sagar Group of Institutions (SGI) is to develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities towards the students who are interested in starting their own ventures and new business. The college produces the novel ideas and provides infrastructure, amenities and technical support to the students to transform into the new products and services for the betterment of the society. The EDC provides all the support like planning, mentoring and time related execution support to all the aspirants for their start up ideas to convert it into real business facilities.
The EDC has work-out further to engage Sponsors like banks, State, & National entrepreneurship training agencies, private investors through pitch deck and Central Govt. Schemes benefits to the students, suppliers and market for the new products developed by entrepreneurs.
For its success we include enthusiastic and dedicated faculty team and mentors, and some industry expert with some student representatives. Various seminars and workshop are organized to groom them by SGI Entrepreneurship Development cell. We encourage students to choose self-emplacement as their career option, by providing all the necessary training and guideline.
To produce successful entrepreneurs with high ethics, moral values and good leadership skills with their innovative mind to make global impact.
Develop such kind of institutional environment where each new idea can grow and sustain in real world with passion and fervor. Also students can elaborate their ideas & objectives in a desirable way.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of Sagar Institute of Research & Technology, Bhopal under The SAGE group, organized a session as Entrepreneur Awareness Drive (EAD-2019) with the collaboration of E-cell IIT Kharagpur. The main objective of the event for students is to give awareness for becoming a successful Entrepreneur, support them for making proposals, and how they get funds. More than 600 students’ participation was there from SGI and other institute.
Key Points for EAD-2019
- Got aware the students about the different areas of skills where they can establish themselves as Entrepreneur and create the job for others.
- Encourage the students to brain storm in groups to discuss innovative uses of the products.
- How a simple idea could convert into potentially bigger business.
- The Charm of Becoming an Entrepreneur, Creativity and Problem Solving is discussed.
- Identifying problems in society but grew into giant businesses.
- Discussed the importance of patenting and how it can help safeguard ideas.
- Explained different ways of generating funds like angel funding, bootstrapping, seed funding etc.
Expert Talk of the following Entrepreneur was scheduled in EAD-2019
1) Mr. Praveen Wadalkar (Co-Founder & CEO-Techizer, International TEDX speaker)
- He spoke on the early life of the entrepreneur.
- How to handle Start-ups Failures – Start up failure rate is 90%.
- Narrated a story on Mountaineering Storm.
- His Main Mantra was opportunity knocks on the door once don’t give up, be ready to fail.
2) Mr.Shirshendu Bharadwaj (Advisor, E-cell hinducollege,New Delhi, Invester)
- He spokes on the essence of entrepreneurship (feelings).
- Discuss about product demand and risk to be taken.
- Entrepreneurship plays a major role in economy on the country.
3) Mr.Tannison Mathews (Co-Founder & director The optimist citizen, forbes under 30 Asia)
- Impact of impression
- Regular read newspapers for getting new ideas for start-ups.
- Focusing on the segment one wants to grow in.
4) Mr.Rohit Agrawal (Bamboo Evangelist CEO – Anil Bamboo Machine)
- Don’t overestimate yourself.
- Be patient.
- Wait for your time.
- He spokes on funding and mentorship.
- Power of Persistence.
- He particularly spokes regarding Bamboo tensile strength and growth of Bamboo.
5) E-START by Ms Amruta Shingwekar, Incubation Program Manager, VASPL Incubation Centre
- She spoke on funding and incubators.
- How the funding can be obtain.
- Focus was on the seed funding.
MOU with Systematix Infotech , Indore
Under the dynamic Guidance of Our Hon'ble Chairman Er. Sanjeev Agarwal sir SGI has added another feather to it's bouquet. Entrepreneurship development cell SGI signed MOU with Systematix Infotech , Indore Systematix is a software based company provide services in automotive, education industry, e-commerce, logistics, finance & banking, healthcare, retail, etc. By the means of this MOU students will get more opportunities in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Sciences. This MOU is Signed by Mr. Suyash Sabnani Head HR Systematix infotech and Dr. Prashant Jain, VCM Sagar Group of Institutions, signed MOU from SGI. In the process of this MOU seniors HR from the company Ms. Meenakshi Singh and Group Head T&P Sarvesh Shukla were also present. Thanks