The Department of Computer Science Cyber Security Engineering has rapidly evolved into a distinguished center of excellence, attracting 120 students annually. With a faculty of highly qualified educators from esteemed institutes across India, the department is committed to producing exceptional and skilled graduates. Specializing in Cyber Security makes the department place great emphasis on problem-solving as a fundamental life skill. Students explore various aspects of the field, including cybercrime, security, tools, technologies, and software and hardware development and analysis. These comprehensive studies empower students to tackle challenges across diverse business, scientific, and social domains, recognizing the human-centric nature of computer science.
In today's digital era, cybersecurity has become indispensable to every company's long-term viability, safety, and progress. As businesses expand, the demand for proficient cybersecurity experts will only grow, making the department's mission even more crucial. Looking ahead to the year and beyond, the Department of Computer Science Cyber Security Engineering remains devoted to equipping its students with the necessary knowledge and expertise to safeguard organizations from evolving cyber threats. By contributing to the dynamic and ever-changing realm of cybersecurity, the department plays a vital role in securing our digital future.
- The curriculum provides a solid grounding in fundamental computer science concepts, including programming, data structures, algorithms, and operating systems.
- Students learn essential principles and concepts of cyber security, covering threat analysis, risk management, cryptography, and network security.
- Training in ethical hacking and penetration testing helps students understand how attackers exploit vulnerabilities and teaches them how to protect against potential threats.
- Students study methods for gathering and analyzing digital evidence to investigate cybercrimes and data breaches, assisting in post-incident analysis.
- The degree covers various techniques and technologies used to secure computer networks and prevent unauthorized access.
- Students learn strategies to safeguard information integrity, availability, and confidentiality, crucial for maintaining the privacy and security of sensitive data.
The Cyber Security curriculum delves into the tactics used by hackers and cybercriminals, empowering experts to proactively detect, defend against, and mitigate cyber threats. Staying ahead of malicious actors allows professionals to protect valuable digital assets more effectively. Given the escalating sophistication and prevalence of cyber-attacks, there is a continuously growing demand for skilled Cyber Security professionals. Those who pursue a career in this field can expect abundant opportunities, job security, and attractive salaries, making it a sought-after and fulfilling career path. Beyond personal and financial gains, studying Computer Science Cyber Security contributes to creating a safer digital ecosystem for individuals and businesses.
Scope and Job Profiles:
- Information security analyst
- Information security specialist
- Digital forensic examiner
- It auditor
- Security systems administrator
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Cryptography engineer
- Cyber security manager
- Blockchain Developer
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized educational board or institution.
- The candidate should attain a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates should have cleared the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
- Eligibility Criteria: The first step is to check if you meet the eligibility criteria for admission as quoted above.
- Application Process:After the announcement of the admission process, you will need to apply for the institute. The application form may be available online or offline, where you will have to provide personal details, academic records, and other necessary information.
- Counseling or Interview:SIRT conducts counseling sessions or interviews to assess the candidates' suitability for the program. These interviews may include questions about your academic background, interests, and goals.
- Merit List:After the counseling or interview process, SIRT prepares a merit list based on the candidates' performance and records.
- Seat Allotment:Once the merit list is ready, candidates will be allotted seats in the B.Tech CSCS program based on their rank, preferences, and availability of seats.
- Document Verification and Admission:Shortlisted candidates will need to submit their
original documents for verification. After the verification process, you will be required to
pay the admission fees and complete the formalities to secure your admission.
- Waiting List:In case some seats remain vacant after the initial round of admissions, a waiting list may be released. If you are on the waiting list, you may be considered for admission if any seats become available.