The Sagar Institute of Research & Technology which was established in 2003 has been active in research activities since its inception. The teaching faculty members of various departments have been actively involved in various R&D activities. Most of the senior professors have doctorate qualifications. Many new faculty members have also been conferred upon PhD degrees from the universities of National repute. This Galaxy of professors not only do R&D activities throughout the year but all the same they guide PhD and MTech scholars, conduct training for the new aspiring faculty members, develop the projects and apply the patents, publish various research papers, conduct national and International conferences, etc. Our professors also visit to the different institute for fostering the techniques of research methods in different institutes. SIRT has given an open opportunity to all the professors to attend international conferences around the world.
Sagar Institute of Research and Technology (SIRT) believes in a judicious combination of teaching and research for the benefit of the student community at large. The Institution envisages innovation and technological development through its R & D cell. It has plans to cultivate academic and research collaborations with national and international universities, government agencies, and industries to meet the immediate and long-term needs of society and the industry. The Institution also remains committed to long-term research as the foundation for future development.
Vision & Mission
To nurture transformative education for creating leaders and innovators, and generate new knowledge for society and industry. We are also committed to accelerating solutions to local and global problems.
- To generate, disseminate, and preserve knowledge to solve economic, social, and technological problems.
- To create a culture in which new ideas, innovations, and research flourish, and develop leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
- To conduct cutting-edge, high-impact research, generate new knowledge, and disseminate this knowledge through publications in top journals.
- To apply deep knowledge to create know-how for utilization by industry and society.
Long Term Goals
We aim to frame regulations and systematize procedures to establish the scope for innovative research, promote the scientific interests of the students and faculty members, and strive to achieve national and international collaborative research grants and toil to achieve distinguished recognition of the university in the field of research and development. We focus to achieve meritorious rank on national and international levels in the field of research and development.
- The science instrumentation centre, CoEs, sponsored centres from
- To synergize a scholarly culture through research and creative endeavours that accelerate the phenomenon of giving back to
- To synergize collaborations that strengthen the expertise to build a dynamic intellectual
- To initiate/stimulate research
- To ensure good quality
- To motivate and facilitate project submission to various funding
- To grow consultancy
- To encourage to file useful patents for technology transfer to industries.
- To generate revenue by offering R&D expertise and services to academia and
- To generate revenue from commercialization in the IT field.
Central R&D Cell:
The R & D cell comprises faculty members from various departments in the Institution. This committee oversees the smooth and efficient coordination of research and development activities in the Institution, thus fostering overall growth. The members will contribute to enhancing research and development at the Sagar Institute of Research and Technology.
- The R & D Committee will plan, promote, and evaluate R&D activities like funded R&D projects and consultancy projects at the Institution level.
- The members meet quarterly to discuss the status of ongoing projects, set targets for every year and devise plans to achieve the targets.
- The R&D cell measures the attainment of achievements and recommends the performer for appreciation.
A senior faculty heads this cell in the capacity of R & D Coordinator, with the Director of the Institute providing advisory support.
The constitution of the cell is as follows.
R & D Coordinator
Dr. Alok Agrawal, Associate Professor, Deptt of Mechnical Engg., SIRT Bhopal
Single point of contact (SPOC) from every department. Each department has the department R&D Coordinator who will monitor the R&D activities of the department. The faculty of the departments will be grouped into clusters based on their interest and expertise they will be encouraged and supported to prepare the projects.
Funded Projects and Consultancy Work:
The general guidelines for faculty engaging in research, development and consultancy are as follows:
Every research proposal shall pass through a multi-tier review, where the proposal shall first be reviewed by the Principal Investigator/ Co-Investigator and then by the concerned Head of the Department/experts in the department. This may be followed by a review by eminent researchers in the field. The proposal shall then be vetted by the R&D committee before submission to the funding agency.
- All applications related to R&D shall be routed through the Director along with one hard copy for R&D records. A soft copy shall also be emailed to the R&D coordinator, department R&D cell and to the Head of the Department.
- Separate stock registers shall be maintained for the entire R&D projects, granted from the externally funded projects in every department.
- Purchase of equipment, software and submission of the audit report thereof shall follow the Finance officer’s guidelines.
- The entire sanctioned amount shall be utilized as per the guidelines of the funding agency.
- In case the Principal Investigator leaves the Institution, all the items purchased shall remain as an asset of the Institution.
Receiving a patent for one's research work is one of the most important factors denoting the quality of research. Full financial and legal assistance shall be provided to those who are interested in registering for the patent. The patent shall irrevocably be registered in the name of the Institution with the researcher's name prominently featuring as the inventor. The commercial aspects shall be mutually worked out between the Institution and the researcher. If the patent is filed by Institution, then 100% of expenses are borne by the Institution.
Academic Research Policy:
- Faculty of each department shall conduct research in focus areas.
- Faculty publication in either WEB OF SCIENCE or SCOPUS indexed journals are appreciated at the institute level.
- Individual Citation Score needs to be improved by publishing in reputed journals.
- All publications and research papers of faculty must go through a plagiarism check.
- Term papers of B.E/ B. Tech and M.Tech./ MBA projects shall be research-focused.
- The faculty members who received sponsored research projects from government funding agencies are eligible for incentives in terms of increment.
- Faculty members or students presenting a research paper in any conference of repute may claim registration fees. Institute provides the complete amount of registration fees to the concerned person.
- Faculty members who published SCI papers/books as first author / corresponding authors with institute affiliation will be awarded incentives in terms of increment.
- The faculty members are provided with OD for attending conference/FDP/workshop.
- For filing a patent or copyright, filing fees will be paid by the institute