Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation among all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs. A network of IICsis established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campuses. MIC has established Institution's Innovation Council in more than 2700 Institutions from all over the India.
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- Develop better cognitive ability among students.
Functions of IIC
- To conduct various Innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
President: Dr. P S Rajput, Professor, Department of Business Administration
Head of the Institute: Dr. Rajiv Shrivastav (Director)
Convener: Dr. Dinesh Kumar Koli, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engg.
Innovation Activity Coordinator: Dr. Jay Kumar Jain, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Application
Startup Activity Coordinator: Dr. Uday Panwar, Associate Professor, Department of Electronics & Communication
IPR Activity Coordinator: Prof. Sharad Salunke, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engg.
Internship Activity & Social Media Coordinator: Prof. Nirjhar Gupta, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engg.
Prof. Dileep Jigyasi, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engg.
Prof. Neeti Shukla, Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology
Prof. Ankur Pandey, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Dr. Deepshikha Acharya, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Science
Dr. Deepti Khare, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Science
Mr. Saket Sharma (Registrar)
Innovation Activity Coordinator
Satakshi Bhavsar, 5 Sem., ME
Sakshi Rahangdale, 5 Sem., IT
Startup Activity Coordinator:
Bikram Mallick, 5th Sem., CSE
Dhwani Jain, 5th Sem., CSE
IPR Activity Coordinator
Nishi Mishra, 5th Sem, ME
Nayanja Pandey, 5th Sem., EX
Internship Activity Coordinator
Bhavya Makode, 5th Sem, CE
Twinkle Rajdev, 5th Sem, CE
Social Media Coordinator
Abhishek Pipraiya, 5th Sem., EX
Adarsh Patwa, 5th Sem., EC
Establishment of IIC, SIRT Bhopal
3 Star Performance Rating awarded by MHRD & AICTE for the Academic Year 2019-20 (IIC 2.0)
4 Star Performance Rating awarded by MoE’s Innovation Cell& AICTE for the Academic Year 2020-21 (IIC 3.0)
- Innovation Ambassadors from IIC SIRT, Bhopal
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar Koli
- Dr. Jay Kumar Jain
- Prof. Nirjhar Gupta
- Dr. Uday Panwar
- Dr. Deepshikha Acharya
- Dr. Deepti Khare
- Prof. Dileep Jigyasi
- Prof. Neeti Shukla
- Prof. Ankur Pandey
- Mr. Saket Sharma
Social Media Platforms of IIC SIRT Bhopal
- IIC SIRT Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Institution-Innovation-CouncilSIRTBhopal-10433352783816
- IIC SIRT Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/IicSirt?s=08
- IIC SIRT Instagram
- Page: https://instagram.com/iic_sirt?igshid=1fcn9vm54fo8q