Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP) is being implemented as a World Bank assisted Project to improve the quality of technical education system in the country. TEQIP-I (2005-2010) is over. TEQIP-II (2011-2014) is a presently running. In future TEQIP – III is also proposed after completion of TEQIP-II.
SIRT, Bhopal is the only Private Engineering College, in MP & Central India to get this unique project. It is one of the 200 institutes throughout India to get this grant. The recent directives for Private unaided institutes have disallowed Procurement.
The focus in SIRT is on following:
• Faculty and staff Development
• Improvement of academic performance of weak students
• Institute Industry Partnership
• Provision of Teaching and Research Assistantship
• Academic Reforms
• Good Governance and achievement of Excellence
To develop and nurture a Technical Education System in the country which would produce skilled manpower of the highest quality comparable to the very best in the world and in adequate numbers to meet the complex technological needs of the economy; and provide the nation a comparative advantage in the creation and propagation of innovative technological solutions and in the development of a technological capacity of the highest order, both for its application in economic development of the country and for becoming a major supplier of technology and technological services in the world.
• To plan and design innovative projects for total quality improvement in technical education system in the country.
• To develop a model project management system.
• To coordinate, monitor and review project implementation.
• To liaise with project stakeholders such as Central Government, State Governments, State Technical Education Departments, Institutions, Training providers, funding agencies and industry etc;
• To disseminate widely, success stories and lessons learnt from the successful projects.
• To undertake research studies for developing models of successful Project implementation.
• To prepare guideline documents.
• To conduct training workshops on effective implementation of the Projects.
• To develop close linkages and network among different agencies.
The broad objectives of the programme are as follows:-
• To create an environment in which Engineering Institutions selected under the programme can achieve their own set of targets for excellence and sustain the same with autonomy and accountability.
• To support development plans including synergistic Networking and Services to community and economy of competitively selected institutions for achieving higher standards.
• To improve efficiency and effectiveness of the technical education management system in the States and institutions selected under the Programme.
• Chairman BoG
• Convener: Dr Ashish Dutta
• Member Secretary: Dr. Akhilesh R. Upadhyaya, Director(SIRT)
• TEQIP Coordinator: Dr. Dinesh Kumar Koli
• Academic Coordinator & MIS: Prof. Virendra Singh
• PMSS Coordinator: Mr. Satyam Tayal
• Finishing School: Prof. P.K. Jain
• Finance: Mr. Vikas Raj Jain
Applications are invited for Teaching Assistantship under TEQIP-II from eligible candidates. The form may be downloaded and filled and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person to TEQIP Cell, SIRT, Bhopal, Click here to Download
PERFORMANCE AUDIT REPORT